Sunday, July 13, 2008

Little Angel

He felt himself being dragged down from the weight inside; he shuddered as his knees gave way and he buckled into a kneel. His ever-glorious wings lay lifeless around him like tattered rags, a victim of the plague coursing through him. The air around him grew cold and the weight only seemed to build up slowly. Life ebbed away from his glowing locks as they began to turn dark and foul.

“What damnation is this, Lord? What do You wish to teach me? I only asked for the knowledge of man and his life… and what is this curse, Lord?”

No answer to his plea, no light from above as the weight continued to breed inside, and the pain throbbed palpably in his chest. It seemed to stem from his heart and shoot into the very tip of his limbs, decaying, eating at him. His eyes turned dull as colors withered in front of his gaze. The hurt had started to creep up his shoulders and to the back of his head; he felt his skull being crushed under immense pressure as he hid his face in his palms and whispered,

“Oh Lord, oh Lord what is this wisdom that You give? What hell is this You wish me live, Lord? Have mercy upon me…”

No answer. Not a sign from Him in all this… this madness… this torment…

He felt the pain marring his face, and then, his eyes were burning. His heart felt heavy as a cold dead stone… and slowly two shreds of his torn soul, two drops, two glittering pearls fell from his scorched eyes, then slowly the pain began to abate.

“What is this, Lord? What is this? I call out to You, for the sake of Thy love for me, reveal to me what this is…”

A low rumble, tremor across the ground beneath his feet, and then descend the divine voice from the heavens.

“You, ask for the knowledge of man and his life, do you not, little angel?”

“Yes, yes I did… but what is this curse that has left my soul trembling and scarred?”

“This, child, is a test that We give to those We put in flesh… this, little one, is sorrow… and tears…”



A note to the readers: please take it as a piece of writing, not as something sacrilegious. Neither was it meant to portray anyone's belief nor is it trying to change the same. Read on, enjoy, and stay firm on what you believe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work!
God really loves all of us but tests all of us in different situations.

Sundus said...

you already know my comments on it.
obviously i had to get ur aid to understand it but after the meaning came to me it was just so perfect.
the way u decribed tears....i simply love it.
i can feel it...the pain the agony...superb :)

Anonymous said...

Touching! It touched me! Sent a wave rippling through my spline!

Ahmed Belal Hashmi said...

I guess it's "spine," right?
Anyway, I try to write, and so it is...